Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mexican Cornbread~~~~ This is a meal, not just a bread!

Ingredients:

1 cup cornmeal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 can cream corn
1/2 cup sour cream
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
1 lb. ground meat
grated cheese
jalapenos


Brown meat, drain, set aside. Combine all other ingredients except cheese and jalapenos. Mix well. Add 1 tsp of the jalapeno juice and about 5-6 cut jalapenos, and a handful of cheese. Mix. Pour half the mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 pan sprayed with Pam. Add the ground meat, then the rest of the cornbread mixture. sprinkle with a lot of cheese to cover the top. Add jalapenos on top of the cheese. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen-
Good to see you and your boy. I love the blog. I made your cornbread recently( I can't believe I remembered how to do it from1 5 years ago) and people loved it!! Hope all is well with you. Check out my blog at www.kismet1998.wordpress.com
Amy F.